- M. S. Thejkumar became first chess Grand master from Karnataka.
- “I do what I do” is the book written by Ex- RBI governor Raghuram Rajan.
- “How India sees the World: Kautilya to the 21st century” is the book written by former foreigner secretary Shyam Saran
- NITI Aayog has recently launched the National Nutrition Strategy in New Delhi with an aimed at Kuposhan Mukt Bharat.
- The Assam government has recently set up a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Cell for implementation of DBT across schemes in the Country and to coordinate efforts at the State Level in taking the DBT initiative forward with immediate effect. The Chief Secretary will be the chairman of the cell and the Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary, Finance Department will be the convenor
- Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra has become the first Indian woman ambassador for Tourism Australia to encourage Indians to visit the country
- India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
- The 2-day event ‘North East Calling’ will be organized by the Union government under its Destination North East series at India Gate lawns in New Delhi on September 9, 2017. The purpose of the event is to promote the art, culture, handicrafts, business and tourism of North East India.
- The researchers at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-National Chemical Laboratory in Pune have developed an artificial leaf that absorbs sunlight to generate hydrogen fuel from water, an advance that may provide clean energy for powering eco-friendly cars in the future.