- 10th India-United States Trade Policy Forum (TPF) meetings are being held at New Delhi.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched the Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED) scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- The first-ever International Conference on Voter Education has started in New Delhi from October 20, 2016 and is organised by The Election Commission of India (ECI)
- The book “The Adivasi Will Not Dance” has been authored by Hansda Sowendra Shekhar, which is shortlist for The Hindu Prize 2016.
- The 315-tonne INS Tahiyu has been commissioned into the Indian Navy and is allotted to the Eastern Fleet of the Navy.INS Tahiyu is the Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (WJFAC) Car Nicobar Class vessel.
- The 2nd joint tactical exercise “Sino-India Cooperation 2016” has been held between India and China in the area of Border Personnel Meeting Hut at Chushul Garrison of Eastern Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
- London has topped the 2016 Global Power City Index, as per 2016 GPCI report, which was recently released by the Japan-based Mori Memorial Foundation’s Institute for Urban Strategies.
- The book “Driven: The Virat Kohli story” has been written by well-known journalist Vijay Lokapally
- Sir David Cox has been awarded with the first International Prize in Statistics, which will be presented to him in July 2017 at the World Statistics Congress in Marrakech.