- Paul Beatty has won the 2016 Man Booker Prize for his racial satire, ‘The Sellout’ at a ceremony in London’s Guildhall.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has signed a FinTech Cooperation agreement with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to promote innovation financial services.
- India has been ranked 87th out of 144 countries on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap Index for 2016, improving from its 108 position in 2015. The list is topped by Iceland, followed by Finland, Norway, Sweden and Rwanda.
- Microsoft India has launched its first full-scale Cybersecurity Engagement Center (CSEC) in Delhi, which is first-of-its-kind centre in India.
- Renato Sanches, a Portuguese professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for German club Bayern Munich and the Portugal national team, has won the 2016 European Golden Boy award.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, the Union Science and Technology Minister, has launched a new initiatives Biotech-KISAN (Krishi Innovation Science Application Network) scheme in New Delhi to empower farmers, especially women.
- India has been ranked 130th out of 190 countries in the World Bank’s Ease of doing business index for 2017. The list is topped by New Zealand.
- India notifies revised double tax avoidance agreement with South Korea