- The Supreme Court has ruled that horse racing as such is not animal cruelty
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu launched AP Purse mobile app in Vijayawada on December 6, 2016.To promote digital transaction among people
- India on December 7, 2016, has pledged to contribute USD 1.25 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA).
- Hindi language has been listed at the 10th position in the Power Language Index Ranking by The World Economic Forum (WEF).English was placed at the 1st position and Mandarin at 2nd position followed by French
- The RBI Governor Urjit Patel led six-member MonetaryPolicy Committee (MPC) on December 7, 2016, announced the fifth bi-monthly monetary policy statement of 2016-2017, which is also the first policy after the implementation of the demonetization decision of Government.
i. Repo rate remained unchanged at 6.25%
ii. Reverse Repo at 5.75%
iii. Cash reserve ratio or CRR unchanged at 4%
iv. Due to demonetization, the central bank has lowered the GDP growth forecast from 7.6 per cent to 7.1 per cent for the current fiscal.Inflation target remains 5 percent for March 2017 with risks tilted to the upside.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has relaxed the Additional Factor Authentication (AFA) norms for online transactions up to Rs. 2,000 to save time transaction time of customers and also promote government’s digital payment program.
- 100 banks have joined the National Financial Switch (NFS) network as direct members established ATM networks, now NFS network comprise of 745 members said by Maharashtra based National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on December 7, 2016
- Vijaya Bank has been honored with ‘Best Bank for SME Lending award’ at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi.The Best MSME Bank Award 2016 was given to The Corporation Bank by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- The Indian Space Research Organisation successfully launched the Remote Sensing Satellite, Resourcesat-2A on December 7, 2016 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Argentina win women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016
- Journalist, Political Analyst, Actor Cho Ramaswamy Dies
- International Civil Aviation Day observed on December 7, 2016
The Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated annually in India on December 7
English has been ranked first in the top 10 most powerful languages in the world according to the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI) published by World Economic Forum (WEF).
Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar has been appointed as the 44th Chief Justice of India. He will be sworn-in as the CJI on January 4, 2017.