The Sardar Patel Cricket Stadium in Ahmedabad, popularly known as Motera Stadium, is set to become the world’s largest seating capacity cricket stadium.
The Union IT Minister Ravishankar Prasad has recently launched “Digidhan Abhiyan” to enable every citizen, small traders and merchants to adopt digital payments in their everyday financial transactions.
Nana Akufo-Addo has won the presidential election of the Republic of Ghana
India has been ranked 7th in the list of 163 countries most impacted by terrorism in 2015, according to the Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2016 released by Sydney-based think-tank “Institute for Economics & Peace”.
The book “Dipa Karmakar: The Small Wonder” has been authored by sports journalists Vimal Mohan, Digvijay Singh Deo and Dipa Karmakar’s coach Bishweshwar Nandi.
The first edition of Serendipity Arts Festival (SAF) will be held on the banks of river Mandovi in Panaji, Goa from December 16-23, 2016 to promote patronage of arts.
The Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) has recently constituted committee to fight against the menace of online piracy.The committee will be chaired by Ajit Mohan of Hotstar and co-chaired by Uday Sodhi of SET India and Salil Kapoor of HOOQ
The Committee on Digital Payments headed by Ratan P. Watal has submitted its final report to the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his office in New Delhi.
- India and Vietnam signed a Civil Nuclear Cooperation Agreement (N-Pact) in New Delhi on December 9, 2016, in the presence of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and President of Vietnam’s National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.
- The 28th State Information Ministers Conference (SIMCON), 2016, was organised by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting from December 9 to December 10, 2016 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The Supreme Court on December 9, 2016, modified its order of November 30 to exempt physically handicapped persons from standing up in cinema halls when the national anthem is played before film screenings
- Civil rights activist Viola Desmond has emerged as the first Canadian Woman to be featured on the nations $ 10 Currency note.
- The Indian filmmaker Onir won the Hollywood Independent Documentary Awards for his Indo-Australian documentary, “Raising the Bar” which was selected as the ‘Best Foreign Documentary Feature’.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched the mobile applications – ‘ArisingKerala‘ and ‘Whistle Now’ – on the occasion of International Anti-Corruption Day.
- Human Rights Day observed on December 10,2016