President Pranab Mukherjee has launched a “100 Million for 100 Million” campaign organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. The campaign is a global initiative that seeks to support 100 million youth to be the voice of the 100 million children and youth across the world who have been denied basic rights and freedom.
The chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan has recently launched Narmada Seva Yatra at Amarkantak. The purpose of the 5-months long Yatra is to turn the Narmada river pollution free and unceasing river.
Sunil Gavaskar has been bestowed with the Golden Jubilee Lifetime Achievement Award by the Sports Journalists’ Association of Mumbai (SJAM) at the Cricket Club of India in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Paolo Gentiloni has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Italy by President Sergio Mattarella
Iqbal Sayed from Mumbai, who works as a civil engineer with Reliance Infrastructure and Mumbai Metro, has become the first Indian to win a medal at the Mr. Olympia Amateur Asia 2016’s classic bodybuilding category in Hong Kong. He won silver medal in the event after beating participants from 20 countries in the classic bodybuilding category
The Madhya Pradesh government has become the first Indian state to launch the biggest and first-ever crop insurance claim distribution programme worth Rs 4,416 crore in Ujjain.
The International Mountain Day (IMD) is observed every year on December 11 to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life
- The 2016 India International Science festival (IISF) was organized at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi from December 7 to December 11, 2016 by the Department of Biotechnology and Ministry of Science & Technology.
- Railway Starts Giving Free Accidental Insurance Cover for Booking Railway Ticket Online
- Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, Kiran Bedi on December 11, 2016 announced the decision about the selection of Thimmanaicken Palayam village in the Manaveli Assembly constituency under Model Village Scheme.
- Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti flagged off fortnightly special train ‘Vaadi ki sair’ (Tour of the Valley) on December 11, 2016, for children that will run between Banihal to Baramulla.
- The world’s longest rail tunnel, Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT), began operating on regular basis in Switzerland, on December 11, 2016, to provide service to the passengers.
- China Launches First, Second Generation Weather Satellite ‘Fengyun-4’
- The International Olympic Committee’s executive board on December 6, 2016, has granted provisional recognition to cheerleading and the martial art of muaythai as Olympic sports.