Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani has won his 11th World Billiards (150-Up format) Championships title in the summit clash in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
The Punjab Government has launched India’s first amphibious bus project “Harike Cruise” at the Harike wetland near Amritsar. The amphibious bus project has cost the state government over Rs 11 crore.
The Uttar Pradesh government has tied up with Tata Trusts to leverage digital platforms to strengthen the public distribution system (PDS) in the state.
The world’s longest and deepest rail tunnel “Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT)” has officially begin its regular rail service on December 11, 2016 in Switzerland
Cristiano Ronaldo, a Portuguese professional footballer who plays for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Portugal national team, has won the prestigious 2016 Ballon d’Or award at an awards ceremony in Paris, France. With this, he won the 4th Ballon d’Or title in his career.
The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation (NSTFDC) will launch “Vanjeevan” the National Resource Centre for Tribal Livelihood issues at Bhubaneswar, Odisha on December 22, 2016.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has been named among the top 100 global thinker by the US based Foreign Policy magazine.
- Kolkata based United Bank of India has adopted Patunagar and Sachindranagar Colony in the state of Tripura to implement schemes in the line of digital India program.UBI will make necessary steps to change the villages into truly cashless villages
- LIC Mutual Fund Asset Management Company on December 12, 2016, announced its readiness on Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in partnership with Standard Chartered Bank as mode of payment for its investors to invest in its schemes.
- Yes Bank has tied-up with e-grocer Grofers to deliver cash at doorstep, allowing customers to get cash of up to Rs 2,000 when they order grocery online.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has signed an emergency order to ban country’s largest banknote 100 bolivars banknote to be taken out of circulation in the next 72 hours
- Rio Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu awarded with Badminton World Federation (BWF) Most Improved Player of the Year award at the Players’ Reception and Gala Dinner in Dubai on December 12, 2016
- Bollywood Actress Priyanka Chopra is appointed as UNICEF Global Goodwill Ambassador for campaign “For Every Child.”
- Adelaide Oval, Australia to host first ever Day and Night Ashes