- US President Barack has signed the National Defence Authorisation Act, 2017 to recognise India major defence partner of the United States of America.
- India has agreed to export to Nepal an additional 240 MW of electricity in a bid to lessen the power shortage of the Himalayan nation.
- India’s longest expressway connecting Agra and Lucknow was thrown open for public after inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in November 2016.
- The Maharashtra forest department is going to launch a state-wide 24×7 helpline for registering complaints or getting information about issues related to forests and wildlife from January 6, 2017
- The Dharamshala vegetable market has become the first cashless market in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened a banking ombudsman office in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It is the third ombudsman office in North India after Kanpur and Chandigarh.
- India’s seasoned Winter Olympian Shiva Keshavan has won gold medal at Asian Luge Championships held at Nagano in Japan.
- India won the 2016 Asian Cricket Council Under-19s Asia Cup title by defeating Sri Lanka by 34 runs in Colombo.
- Sixteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won the 2016 National title in 6-red Snooker, the shorter format of the game.