- Shankha Ghosh, the well-known Bengali poet, critic and academician, has been selected for the prestigious 52nd edition of the Jnanpith Award (2016) by the Government of India (GoI) for his poetic idiom and experiments with various poetic forms mark his greatness as a creative talent
- The Union government will launched the “Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana” for Merchants and “Lucky Grahak Yojana” for Consumers in New Delhi. The purpose of the schemes is to encourage people to move towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions through the offer of incentives. Both the schemes will be implemented by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- The Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Ram Vilas Paswan has recently launched an ‘Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC)’ in association with the Bengaluru’s National Law School of India University (NLSIU) to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances in New Delhi.
- Jeje Lalpekhlua, the Mohun Bagan and Chennaiyin FC striker, has been named the 2016 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year.
- The ICICI bank has recently launched “EazyPay” a mobile-based application for merchants that allow consolidation of all modes of payments, including digital wallets, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), QR code, and credit & debit cards.
- The Good Governance Day (GGD) is observed every year in India to mark the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.