- The Assam Government has recently launched a health insurance scheme “Atal-Amrit Abhiyan” to provide coverage against several critical illnesses. The scheme will offer coverage against 437 illnesses in six disease groups viz. cardiovascular, cancer, kidney, neo-natal, neurological conditions and burns.
- China has successfully tested the newest version of the J-31stealth fighter “FC-31 Gyrfalcon”, the 5th generation fighter jet.
- Vera Rubin (88), an American astronomer who pioneered work on galaxy rotation rates, has recently passed away in Princeton, New Jersey.
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank (KVGB) has recently launched “Bank Sakhi” innovative scheme for employing women in villages to promote and improve the cashless transactions in rural areas at a programme held at Adavi Somapura village in Gadag district, Karnataka.
- The book “Emperor Chandragupta” has been authored by Adity Kay. This is the story of a youth who fought against all odds – within and without – to become one of the greatest emperors ever known
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone for the Chardham highway development project (or the Chardham Mahamarg Vikas Pariyojna) at Parade Ground in Dehradun, Uttarakhand to improve connectivity to the Char Dham pilgrimage centres (Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath) in the Himalayas.
- Samit Gohel, the opening batsman of Gujarat, has broke a 117-year-old record in the first-class cricket by notching up the highest score while carrying his bat through the innings of 359 not out during his team’s Ranji Trophy quarter-final against Odisha at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Lt Gen Vinod Vashisht is the newly appointed Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- The registration fees for Hindus and other minority community people from three neighbouring countries namely Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh, as Indian citizens have been reduced to as low as Rs.100 from Rs.15,000.