- The 104th Indian Science Congress (ISC) has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 3, 2017 at the Sri Venkateswara University in Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- India’s first laser technology-based advanced Automatic Vechime Monitoring System (AVMS) RTO check-post has set up at Shamlaji of Aravalli district in Gujarat.
- Archana Nigam, an officer of the 1981 batch of the Indian Civil Accounts Service, is the newly appointed Controller General of Accounts in the Department of Expenditure under the Ministry of Finance.
- The Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Mr Vijay Goel constituted a committee on January 2, 2017, to suggest improvements in the National Sports Development Code functioning of sports federations.
- Pakistan’s Senate Functional Committee on Human Rights chaired by Nasreen Jalil approved the much-awaited Hindu Marriages Bill on January 2, 2017 while the National Assembly passed the Hindu Marriage Bill in September 2016.
- A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an interest subvention for home loans of up to Rs. 12 lakh and asked banks to keep the poor and middle class at the focus of their activities many PSUs and private banks reduced their benchmark lending rate by up to 1.48 percent on January 3, 2017.
- HDFC has tied-up with artificial intelligence firm Niki.ai to launch a chatbot
called OnChat on Facebook’s Messenger platform, that will allow users to recharge phones, pay utility bills, book cabs from Ola or Uber etc., through a chat.
- Coca-Cola India and its largest bottling partner Hindustan Coca-Cola beverages have partnered the SBI to enable over 2.6 million retailers and 5000 distributors in conducting business transactions digitally.
- Consumers Can Waive Off Service Charge in Restaurants if Dissatisfied with Services: Government
- China’s Grand Slam Champion Li Xiaoxia Announces Retirement from Table Tennis