- The Central Board for Direct Taxes (CBDT) has announced that the General Anti-Avoidance Rule (GAAR) will start from April 1, 2017 to check tax evasion and avoidance.
- The Indian Army has successfully conducted ‘user-validation’ trials of indigenous Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS) “Dhanush” in the Himalayas.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY), a skill development program targeted at Indian youth seeking overseas employment to make India the Skill Capital of the World.
- The Union Government has made mandatory for workers in rural areas enrolled under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) to have an Aadhaar card.
- The international Kite festival started in Ahmedabad at Sabarmati River Front in Ahmedabad.
- The 20th Edition of the National Conference for e-Governance 2016-17 has started in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian-American Parag Havaldar has been named in the list of 18 achievements announced by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for its 2017 Scientific and Technical awards. He was honoured for the development of expression-based facial performance-capture technology at Sony Pictures Imageworks.
- Spain’s Roberto Bautista won the 2017 Chennai Open title in the men’s single category.