- 46 Constituencies in UP to have Urdu Electoral Rolls for the First Time
- The Union Minister of state for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Jitendra Singh while addressing the 29th meeting of the Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies (Scova) in New Delhi on January 12, 2017 informed that the minimum pension for central government employees has been increased to Rs. 9,000 per person and ex-gratia amount has been increased from Rs. 10-15 lakh to Rs. 25-35 lakh.
- The Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the first solar-powered boat of the state water transport department, “Aditya” on January 12, 2017 at a function held in Vaikom boat Jetty in Kerala.
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), in association with Corps of Signals of Indian Army is organizing DEFCOM 2017 on March23-24, 2017.
ii. The theme of the 2017 DEFCOM is Digital Army Infrastructure and Skilled Human Resource.
- Japan Pledges 1 Trillion Yen Aid Package to Philippines
- Russia has amended its laws permitting lot of their Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to enter into long-term agreements for spares and support for military equipment supplied to India
- Russia Plans to Ban Cigarette Sale for Those Born After 2015
- Airtel Payments Bank started its nationwide operations on January 12, 2017 with an initial investment of Rs 3,000 crore and offering an interest rate of 7.25 per cent for savings accounts. The bank was launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- NTPC Signs MoU To Takeover Rajasthan’s Chhabra Thermal Power Plant
- Rajesh Gopinathan appointed as Chief Executive Officer of TCS
- India successfully test-fired the Guided Pinaka Rocket from Launch Complex-III of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) launch pad at Chandipur off coast Odisha.
- Indian Boxer Sarita to become Country’s First Female Professional Boxer