- Madhya Pradesh Government launched Digital Dakiya (or Digital Postman) scheme to encourage cashless transactions. It is first of its kind scheme in the country. It was launched by State Finance Minister Jayant Malliya in Indore.
- The Border Security Force (BSF) has launched operation Sard Hawa at the western international border of Rajasthan to check the instances of infilteration due to the dense fog in the area
- US based rocket manufacturing company SpaceX successfully launched constellation of 10 satellites into orbit on board of its two stage Falcon 9 Rocket from the Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
- The RBI Note Mudran printing press located in Mysuru (Karnataka) has broken all its past record by printing highest number of currency notes in December 2016. It printed 10.9 million notes on a single day, breaking the previous world record of 8.7 million notes printed in an American currency printing press.
- State General Reserve Fund of Oman (SGRF), a Sovereign Wealth Fund of Oman and State Bank of India (SBI) have signed pact to infuse $150 million and $50 million respectively in second Oman India Joint Investment Fund (OIJIF), a private equity fund. OIJIF Fund II is targeting a corpus of $300 million by 2017-end.
- Veteren actor Rishi Kapoor’s autobiography titled “Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored” was released. The book’s title has been borrowed from the famous song “Khullam Khulla Pyar Karenge Hum Dono” of his film Khel Khel Mein.
- Gujarat won its maiden Ranji Trophy title by defeating defending champion Mumbai by five wickets in the final match held at the Holkar stadium in Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports launched the ‘Khelo India’ National level Competitions at Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex in New Delhi.