- The Union Government launched a dedicated web portal ShaGun (http://ssashagun.nic.in) for monitoring the progress of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA). The portal was developed by World Bank in collaboration with Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Russia for cooperation on Youth matters.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Institutional Cooperation in Maritime Transport. The proposed MoU seeks to pave way for facilitation and promotion of maritime transport, simplification of customs and other formalities between both countries.
- The Union Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Vietnam in the field of Cyber Security.
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Serbia for promoting cooperation in the field of Information Technology and Electronics.
- Scientists have officially named a new endangered species of moth as Neopalpa donaldtrumpi, found in parts of Southern California and Baja, Mexico after US president-elect Donald Trump.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its ‘in principle’ approval for listing the five Public Sector General Insurance Companies (2016-17) owned General Insurance Companies in the stock exchanges. They are New India Assurance Company Ltd, United India Insurance Company Ltd, Oriental Insurance Company Ltd, National Insurance Company Ltd and General Insurance Corporation of India.
- According to recently released annual by Jones Lang LaSalle’s City Momentum Index (CMI), Bengaluru (capital of Karnatak) has emerged as the most dynamic city in the world.
- The Income Tax Department has clarified that income declaration scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKY), will be only applicable to cash or deposits in bank accounts and not for income in the form of jewellery, stock or immovable property.