- A special task force (STF) for women safety has been reconstituted under the Chairmanship of Lieutenant Governor (L-G) Anil Baijal to review the decisions taken by the Delhi Police and other departments regarding women’s safety on January 20, 2017.
- Assam State Governor Banwarilal Purohit inaugurated the Arogya Mitra conferenceon January 21, 2017 at Silchar. The three day conference has been organised by the south Assam zone of the NGO, Keshab Smarak Sanskriti Surabhi at the campus of Veterinary College, Ghungoor.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has arrived inDehradun to inaugurate the Combined Commanders Conference.
- India’s passenger train speed will be increased to 200 km per hour with the help of Russian Railways and budget of the high speed train will be shared between the two countries in the ratio 50:50
- The World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017 was held in Davos-Klosters, Switzerland from January 17-20, 2017.The theme of 47th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2017 is Responsive and Responsible Leadership.
- Mumbai based dairy firm Kwality Ltd has signed an MoU with Bank of Baroda on January 20, 2017 to provide Rs. 4000 crore loans to one lakh farmers out of the established networks from whom the company procures milk.
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) has launched a Contactless Credit Card named PNB Wave N Pay on January 21, 2017 in New Delhi to further enhance its digitalization initiative.
- According to the annual 50 Most Innovative Companies survey report published by the management consulting firm BCG (Boston Consulting Group), , Apple Inc. has been named as the World’s Most Innovative Company in 2016.
- Over 3.5 lakh people in Gujarat created a world record on January 21, 2017 by singing
the National Anthem at an event ofinstallation of idol of goddess Khodiyar at a newly-built Khodal Dham temple in Kagvad town in Rajkot district.
- Ex-BCCI president Anurag Thakur was today unanimously elected head of the Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association (HPOA) for a four-year term..
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) on January 20, 2017 approved the proposed merger of online travel firm MakeMyTrip’s Indian travel business with rival Ibibo Group. The closing of the transaction is expected to be around January 31, 2017.
- Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal clinched the 2017 Malaysia Masters Grand Prix Goldwomen’s single title in the summit clash in Sibu, Malaysia on January 22, 2017.