- The Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was on a three day visit to India from January 25-27, 2017 to be the Chief Guest at the 68th Republic Day Celebration on January 26, 2017 in New Delhi.
- Telangana Ranks Second in Walnut’s Cashless Score Card
- The Theatre Readiness Operational Exercise (TROPEX), an annual Indian Navy
exercise kicked started on January 24, 2017 off the Western Seaboard. The last edition of the exercise was conducted in January 2015.
- India Ranks 79th in the 2016 Corruption Perception Index
- India has been ranked at the sixth position in the latest annual list of eight great powers for the year 2017 published by leading American foreign policy magazine. The list has been topped by US.
- The annual “Surya Namaskar Yajna” or “Health for Humanity Yogathon” has been
recognized in the US House of Representative on the occasion of its 10th anniversary.
- The State Bank of India has launched a new wealth management product named “SBI Exclusif” in Kochi, Kerala. Later it will be rolled out in other cities of the state during the course of the year.
- Karnataka Bank Signs MoU with Tirth Agro Technology
- The Government on January 27, 2017 informed about its plan to launch the biometric based Aadhaar Pay payment platform in few weeks for BHIM App.
- Dr. A Keshav Krishna, a scientist at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), Hyderabad has been selected for the 2016 National Geoscience Award in recognition of his work in the field of geo-environmental studies in Applied Geosciences.Besides, Dr. N. Purnachandra Rao, Chief Scientist at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI), has been selected for 2016 National Geoscience Award for recognition of his work in the field of Geophysics.
- Alibaba’s Financial Arm, Ant Financial Acquires MoneyGram
- ISRO Successfully Tests Cryogenic Engine for Upper Stage of GSLV Mk III
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day Celebrated on January 27, 2017