- Railway Ministry Requests Separate Fund for Rashtriya Rail Safety Fund
- Textile Ministry Inaugurates Meghalaya’s First Ever Apparel and Garment Centre at Ampati
- The Union Minister for Panchayati Raj and Rural Development, Narendra Singh Tomar announced on January 31, 2017 that the Ministry of Defence is set to open its Defence Unit in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Bangalore based Start-up firm E-paathsala has launched an integrated accreditation and ERP technology solution for the colleges and universities to enable them better manage their multiple accreditation standards in an easy, efficient and fast manner and bridge the gap identified for specific accreditations.
- Income Tax Department (ITD) lead by Sushil Chandra has launched Operation Clean Money on January 31, 201 to verify the cash deposited in the banks during November 9th to December 30th 2016.
- The US House of Representatives has introduced a legislation on January 30, 2017 making it mandatory to raise the minimum salary of the H-1B visa holders to more than double at USD 1,30,000 from the previous USD 60,000.
- Ireland became the world’s first country to stop investing in fossil fuels
- The Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley presented the Economic Survey 2016-17 in the Parliament on January 31, 2017 that provides a base for the government to prepare the annual Budget. The Economic Survey has estimated that the GDP growth rate for FY18 will be in the range of 6.75 percent to 7.5 percent.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank Partners with Fisdom for Mission FINFIT
i. The private sector lender Lakshmi Vilas Bank in partnership with Bangalore based fin-tech startup firm Fisdom, has launched a mobile application “Mission FINFIT” to offer the customers of the bank financial planning and personal wealth management services based on Robo advisory.
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) started its operations on January 30, 2017 with the pilot services launched in Raipur and Ranchi.
- The First ever National Entrepreneurship Awards 2016 was presented by the Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh at Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi on January 30, 2017. Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Minister of State (I/C) for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was the guest of honour on the occasion.
- Chadian foreign affairs minister Moussa Faki Mahamat has been elected as the head of the African Union Commission on January 30, 2017. He will replace Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports led by Vijay Goel constituted an 8-membered committee on January 30, 2017 that would work to prepare an action plan for the next three Olympic Games to be held in 2020, 2024 and 2028.
- The 12th Raising Day of National Disaster Response Force(NDFR) is celebrated today(January 31, 2017) to commended the NDRF for its efforts during disaster response .