- The Ministry of AYUSH has constituted a 16-member committee under the chairmanship of Dr. H.R. Nagendra, Chancellor, S-Vyasa University, to prepare a Yoga Protocol for Diabetes Control.
- In a move to encourage active participation in the assembly poll especially by women voters, the government of Goa on February 4, 2017 conducted a unique experiment, which involved giving away 600 pink teddy bears to first time women voters across the state
- The Qatar Airways has launched the World’s longest scheduled commercial service to ply between Doha to Auckland.
- Mexico and Turkey on February 3, 2017 agreed to speed up negotiations on bilateral free trade agreement facing US President threat to leave North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- The Susheel Kumar, Coal Secretary, Ministry of Coal, has informed that India has planned to allow the non-state mining companies for the first time in four decade to mine and sell coal.
- The England Test captain Alastair Cook was honored with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace, London on February 4, 2017
- Google to Sell its Satellite Imaging Company to Startup Firm Planet Labs
- Sports Minister Vijay Goel laid the foundation stone of the India’s first Center of Excellence for Para Sports to help para athletes in showcasing their skills and talent further both at the national and international level in Gujarat on February 5, 2017
- India to host FIBA Women’s Asia Cup in July 2017 in Bengaluru