- In a first of its kind initiative, National Women’s Parliament was organized by the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly in association with MAEER’s MIT School of Governance at Pavithra Sangamam in Amravati, Andhra Pradesh with an aim to empower women.
- Second edition of International Spice Conference Begins at Thiruvanantapuram
- India has decided to conduct Conference with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to share experiences and ideas from the member countries on
preventing radicalization and promoting deradicalisation.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has set up a 11 member scientific panel to frame final regulations on fortification of foods and prepare strategies to address malnutrition problem.
- The FIFA governing body has named Argentina’s former soccer player Diego Maradona as the new Ambassador of the FIFA on February 9, 2017.
- Dr Neelu Rohmetra, First Woman Indian Institute of Management Director
- The United States and Japan successfully conducted a flight test of a Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) Block IIA from the Pacific Missile Range Facility at Kauai, off coast Hawaii on February 3, 2017.
- Ravichandran Ashwin becomes the fastest bowler to take 250 Test wickets
- India defeated Pakistan by 9 wickets to clinch the T20 World Cup for Blind tournament on February 12, 2017 at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore.
- Eminent journalist and Laughter Persona Pandit Dharmsheel Chaturvedi Dies
- Every year the National Productivity Council (NPC) has been organizing observance of its Foundation Day on February 12 as “National Productivity Day” and the ensuing week from February 12-18 as “National Productivity Week” throughout the country.