- The International Conference on NexGen Technologies for Mining and Fuel Industries has started at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on February 15, 2017
- The United States and Thailand has officially launched the 2017 Cobra Gold joint military exercise at Chonburi Province in Thailand on February 14.
- The Gateway House and the Ministry of External Affairs has co-hosted the 2017’s edition of ‘The Gateway of India Geo-economic Dialogue’ in Mumbai, Maharashtra on February 13-14, 2017.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched a record 104 satellites from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh through PSLV C-37 launch vehicle
- Publications Division, a Media Unit under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and Sasta Sahitya Mandal (SSM) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for joint publication of books on heroes of freedom struggle, cultural leaders and other eminent personalities who worked towards Nation development.
- The IAF has formally inducted the first indigenously built Airborne Early Warning and Control System Netra developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
- The uniquely ambitious Muziris Heritage Project (MHP), which seeks to link up heritage sites, restore monuments and community spaces along the riparian North Paravur, Chendamangalam, Chittattinkara, Vadakkekara, Pallippuram, Kodungalloor, Mathilakam, Eriyad and Methala and liven them up with community-based projects and cultural shows from the region, is on the cusp of being revitalised and fast-tracked by the Kerala State Tourism Department.
- The Kalimpong subdivision of the Darjeeling hills has become the 21st district of West Bengal.