- The Union Government chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on February 15, 2017 approved setting up of Food Legumes Research Platform (FLRP) at Amlaha, Sehore in Madhya Pradesh for meeting the emerging food security challenges
- The Cabinet approved the signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Rwanda
- The Union Cabinet approved the merger of the State Bank of India with its 5 subsidiary banks namely State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur; State Bank of Hyderabad; State Bank of Mysore; State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore
- The Indian Panorama Film Festival kicked off in Port Blair on February 15, 2017
- Kerala cabinet Gives In-Principle Approval for Greenfield Airport at Sabarimala
- The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Radha Mohan Singh inaugurated the Indian Seed Congress 2017 in Kolkata on February 12, 2017.
- International Conference on NexGen Technologies for Mining and Fuel Industries-NxGnMiFu-2017 inaugurated in New Delhi
- India Ranked 143 in the 2017 Index of Economic Freedom Index
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to reimburse banks Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) charges on debit cards used by citizens for payment with effect from January 1, 2017.
- Mumbai based Citi Bank has launched instant chat services for customers namedCitibank Online (CBOL) on February 16, 2017. With this India become the first countryin Asia Pacific within the Citi network to have this kind of service.
- RBI Doubles Gold Loan Limit for Regional Rural Banks to Rs. 2 lakhs
- The Name and Shame Campaign initiated by Catholic Syrian Bank Employees and Retirees against willful Defaulters in Kerala have started paying dividends
- AIIMS, New Delhi Wins First Prize for Sanitation & Hygiene under Kayakalp Awards
- An Indian-origin Scotland Yard officer Shand Panesar along with his colleague Craig Nicholson was honored with the 2017 Outstanding Bravery of the Year Award on February 10, 2017 in central London during a special award ceremony of the Total Excellence in Policing Awards.
- The Tamil Nadu Governor C Vidyasagar Rao appointed Edappadi K Palaniswami as 13th chief minister of the state on February 16, 2017.
- Vikas Swarup appointed India’s next envoy to Canada
- Government appoints 5 new judges to Supreme Court
Five new judges are appointed to the Supreme Court by the President Pranab Mukherjee.Now the total number of judges in the Supreme Court raised to 28 from 23
New Judges are :
1.Madras High Court Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul
2.Rajasthan HC Chief Justice Naveen Sinha
3.Kerala HC Chief Justice Mohan M Shantanagouder
4.Chhattisgarh HC Chief Justice Dipak Gupta
5.Karnataka HC judge S Abdul Nazeer.
- The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has promoted Norman Isaac as theTechnical Delegate (TD) of the sport’s worldwide governing body