- The two day Global Investors’ Summit (GIS) 2017 was held at Khelgaon in Ranchi, Jharkhand from February 16-17, 2017 with the brand name ‘Momentum Jharkhand’.The Summit was inaugurated by the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley while Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the summit through video-conferencing.
- A ‘Science Express’ train named ‘Science Express Climate Action Special’ was flagged off from Safderjung Railway Station in New Delhi on February 17, 2017 on a seven-month journey to spread awareness about climate change.
- Government Increases the Cash Credit Limit For MSMEs To 30 %
- Canara Bank Inks MoU with HRD Ministry to Start Higher Education Financing Agency
- Leading global payments and technology firm, Mastercard is set to provide payments processing solution to Airtel Payments Bank.
- Karnataka Bank Launches National Pension System in Mangaluru
- Renowned Hindi litterateur and playwright Surendra Verma has been selected for 2016 Vyas Samman for his novel Kaatna Shami Ka Vriksha Padma Pankhuri Ki Dhar Se.
- Mangalore based public sector lender Corporation Bank was awarded the 2017National MSME Excellence Award on February 10, 2017 at a function in New Delhi.
- Banks Board Bureau Appoints Eight Executive Directors in Various Banks. List of Appointed Executive Directors
i. Neelam Damodharan and Atanu Kumar Das have been appointed as EDs in Bank of India. Presently, Damodharan serves as the General Manager in Bank of Baroda and Das is General Manager in Vijaya Bank.
ii. K Swaminathan, the General Manager in Indian Overseas Bank, has been appointed as ED in Indian Overseas Bank.
iii. Ashok Kumar Pradhan has been appointed as the ED in United Bank of India. Presently he serves as the Chief General Manager with State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur.
iv .P Ramana Murthy will be Executive Director of Central Bank of India. He is GM of Allahabad Bank.
v. Fareed Ahmed Khan, General Manager of Corporation Bank, has been appointed as the ED in Punjab and Sind Bank.
vi. M K Bhattacharya, Chief General Managers of State Bank of Mysore has been appointed as the EDs of Indian Bank
vii. S Harishankar who serves as Chief General Managers of State Bank of Travancore has been appointed EDs of Allahabad Bank.