- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu had unveiled the new Antyodaya Express, a fully unreserved train for the common man with specially designed colourful coaches.The first Antyodaya Express will be plied between Mumbai and Tatanagar, and the second will be between Ernakulam and Howrah shortly.
- Sikkim becomes 22nd State to join UDAY
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has decided to set up Ayurvedic research institute and Kerala Blood Bank society of International standards in Kerala during the 13th five year plan.
- The Kerala government also plan to launch the country’s first sex offenders registry which will contain all identification details of sex offenders and would be kept in public domain
- Punjab bans manufacture, sale of gutkha, pan masala for one year
- India and Japan ink pact on rail safety
- BRICS summit’s 1st Sherpas Meeting held in China
- India’s GDP projected to slow to 6.6% post-demonetisation, says IMF
- Visa-AP Sign MoU To Make Vishakhapatnam ‘Less-Cash’ City
- Technology giant Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu has signed agreement to utilise Microsoft Azure Stack for AP government state data centre at the ‘Microsoft Future Decoded’ held in Mumbai on February 22, 2017
- The commerical banking company Karnataka Bank has won two ‘IBA-Banking Technology’ awards in Mumbai on February 21, 2017
IBA-Banking Technology awards:
1.‘Best financial inclusion initiatives (small bank)’ category – Winner
2.‘Best use of digital and channels technology (small bank)’ – Runner
- Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre to head Cauvery Tribunal
- India’s largest domestic telecom operator Bharti Airtel has signed an agreement with Telenor South Asia Investments to acquire Telenor India Communications.
- Astronomers discover 7 new Earth-sized exoplanets that may sustain life