- Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform Pratibimba to showcasing the government’s performance and achievements to the citizens on March 7, 2017.
- India to host its first mobile congress with a special focus on reaching out to the South East Asian markets at Pragati Maidan on 27th September 2017
- PM Modi Inaugurates Petrochemicals Complex at Dahej & Extradosed Bridge Across River Narmada at Bharuch in Gujarat
- The three day long ‘Destination North East-2017’ festival was inaugurated in Chandigarh on March 6, 2017 by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- The International Yoga Festival was inaugurated on March 8, 2017 by the Union Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Government of Delhi presented Rs 48,000 crore tax-free budget for 2017-18 on March 8, 2017 with main focus on improving education, transport, health and water distribution.
- According to the Global Corruption Barometer for the Asia Pacific Region released by Transparency International on March 7, in Berlin for 16 Asia Pacific countries, India tops the list for being the most corrupt nation.
- Vice President Hamid Ansari was on a two-day visit to Indonesia to attend the 21-nation Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia from March 6-7, 2017.
- ESAF Microfinance Company has issued Commercial Papers (CP) worth Rs.330 crore. Private Sector Banks and NBFCs can subscribe for the CP.
- IDFC Bank has launched India’s first biometric-based payment system “Aadhaar Pay” on March 7, 2017 in New Delhi.
- Karur Vysya Bank launches 3 technology servicei. 1.FASTag :
♦ The FASTag service has been launched in association with the Indian Highways Management Company, a subsidiary of National Highways Authority of India.
♦ The preloaded tags affixed on vehicles are valid at all toll plazas throughout the country.
2.UPI app :
United Payments Interface (UPI) is a mobile app that enables inter-bank transfer of funds. The transfer is effected through the IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) platform of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India).
3. BBPS :
BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System) will make utility bill payments such as electricity bills, water charges and gas cylinders, among others, at a single site instead of accessing multiple sites.
- Mumbai based State Bank of India has launched a new facility ‘Work from Home’ to enable its employees to work from home on March 7, 2017
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into a bilateral Advance Pricing Agreement (APA) with rollback provision with a Japanese subsidiary on 6th March, 2017.
- List of Winners of BCCI Annual Award 2017
i. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the “BCCI Annual Awards for 2015-16” on March 1, 2017. The awards were given away at a ceremony held in Bangaluru March 8, 2017 ii. Indian Skipper Virat Kohli was honored with the Polly Umrigar Award for third time. Earlier he received the award in 2011-12 and 2014-15. None of the player has ever achieved same award for three times.
iii. Besides, R Ashwin was awarded the Dilip Sardesia Award for the second time for his brilliant performance in test cricket in 2016. He is also the only one to be awarded twice.
iv. Vaman Viswanath Kumar and late Ramakant Desai were given the BCCI Special Award in recognition of their yeoman services to Indian Cricket
- CBSE introduces Exam Locator app to help students
- Sentinel-2B satellite developed by European Space Agency (ESA) was launched on March 7, 2017 as a part of European Union Copernicus environmental monitoring system. The satellite weighing 1.1 tonne was lifted into the orbit from Europe’s Spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana at 01:49 GMT on 7 March using a Vega rocket.
- Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO Mobiles has bagged the Indian team sponsorship rights for a five-year period starts on 1st April 2017 and continues until 31st March 2022.
- Indian Spin duos Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin jointly claimed at No.1 in the ICC rankings for Test bowlers in what is the first time of two spinners the top spot. Both stood at the top at 892 points.
- International Women’s Day Observed on March 8, 2017