- The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 was passed by the Lok Sabha.The bill seeks to increase the maternity leaves to 26 weeks by amending the Maternity Benefits Act, 1961 that provides for 12 weeks of maternity leave.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has issued a draft rule titled Information Technology (Security of Prepaid Payment Instruments) Rules 2017 on March 8, 2017 for digital wallet firms like Paytm, FreeCharge and Mobikwik.
- RBI Restricts Cash Loan Against Gold by NBFC to Rs 25,000
- Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Chief Mohan Bhagwat was conferred with the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) by Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University on its 8th convocation ceremony in Nagpur on March 9, 2017.
- Donald Tusk re-elected as European Council president
- South Korea’s Parliament Vote Unanimously to Remove President Park Geun-hye
- ICC appoint Sachin Tendulkar as official ambassador of women’s World Cup 2017
- Chandrayaan-1, India’s first unmanned lunar spacecraft, which was generally considered lost, has been discovered by the NASA scientists still orbiting the Moon.
- The women safety app ‘Ammavin Aran‘ which means ‘mother’s fortress’ was launched by the AIADMK Deputy General Secretary TTV Dhinakaran on March 9, 2017 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.