- Nation is paying tributes to freedom fighters -Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on their 86th martyrdom day (23 March)
- The World Meteorological Day was observed globally on 23rd March 2017
- The government approved construction of 117,814 more affordable houses for urban poor under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) in six states (Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha) with a total investment of Rs 5,773 crore and with central assistance of Rs 1,816 crore.
Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the following proposals:(a) Amendments to National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Act, 1981, include provisions that enable Central Government to increase the authorized capital of NABARD from Rs. 5,000 crore to Rs. 30,000 crore and to increase it beyond Rs. 30,000 crore in consultation with RBI.
India ranks 131 on Human Development Index, Norway No.1
- NABARD launches water conservation campaign in Karnataka
India and ADB Signed $350 Million Loan for Roads in Madhya Pradesh
IIT-Kharagpur to get supercomputing facility
Android phone maker Samsung launched its digital payment application, called ‘Samsung Pay’, in the country as Indians look to shift to newer payment methods after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetisation exercise.
- World Sparrow Day: 20 March
- PepsiCo ropes in PV Sindhu as brand ambassador
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on announced the appointment of Ankur Khanna as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Ravindra Jadeja replaces Ravichandran Ashwin to rank top test bowler in ICC rankings