- Yves Meyer. The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has awarded the Abel Prize for 2017 to mathematician Yves Meyer of the Ecole normale superieure Paris-Saclay, France, for his “pivotal role in the development of mathematical theory of wavelets.”
- Raghu Rai. Photojournalist Raghu Rai was conferred with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the information and broadcasting (I&B) ministry for “his remarkable contribution to the field.” Rai was honoured with the award by I&B minister M. Venkaiah Naidu at 6th National Photography Awards organised by the photo division of the ministry in the capital.
- Catholic Syrian Bank. The Reserve Bank of India has accorded its approval for the appointment of T S Anantharaman as part-time Chairman of the Catholic Syrian Bank.
- Uttarakhand . The World Bank has signed a 100 million US dollar credit agreement with the Centre and Uttarakhand in New Delhi to improve the quality of health care services in all 13 districts of the state.
- Arundhati Bhattacharya. State Bank of India (SBI) chief Arundhati Bhattacharya has been ranked 26th in the Fortune’s top 50 greatest leaders.
- March 24, is observed as World TB Day.
- IDFC Bank. IDFC Bank plans to build a network of more than one lakh points-of-presence in the next two years to enable people in the farthest corners of the country to transact digitally
- Flipkart. The global biggies such as Amazon and China’s Alibaba, the Bengaluru-headquartered ecommerce major Flipkart is likely to snap up US-headquartered eBay’s India operations.
- Tamil. Prominent Tamil writer and Sahitya Akademi winner Ashokamitran, who powerfully portrayed the lives and struggles of the urban middle class life in his literary works, died aged 86.