- Aditya Puri. HDFC Bank Managing Director Aditya Puri’s name has featured in the list of world’s 30 best chief executive officers (CEO), published by American financial magazine Barron’s.
- India has marginally improved its position to 87th place on a global energy architecture performance index, but ranks among the worst for pollution, a survey.
- The Centre has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar cards with all mobile connections, both new and old, by February 2018.
- Osmania University will host the 105th edition of the Indian Science Congress during January 3-7, 2018.
- “Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana”, a ‘Scheme for providing Physical Aids and Assisted-living Devices for Senior citizens belonging to BPL category’ will be launched in District Nellore, Andhra Pradesh on 1st April, 2017.
- The International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade was observed globally on 25 March 2017 with the theme “Remember Slavery: Recognising the Legacy and Contributions of People of African Descent”.
- India has become the third largest aviation market in terms of domestic passenger traffic, beating Japan
- n a boost to India’s maritime prowess, the Navy has successfully conducted the maiden trial firing of newly installed surface-to-air Barak missile system from its aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya.