- Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has announced the allotment of ₹169 crore for the IT sector, including ₹15 crore for startups
- The Archaeology Department of Telangana has discovered the world’s largest capstone after excavating a burial site in Siddipet district, officials said.
- In a move to check multiple driving licenses under one name, the Centre will ask states to make Aadhaar identification necessary for a new licence as well as for those seeking renewal.
- Tanushree Pareek became the first woman field officer in the 51-year history of the BSF.
- The people of Bangladesh celebrated the 46th Independence and National Day.
- Actor Anupam Kher was honoured with the Kala Ratan Award from Panjab University with the Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari giving away the award.
- Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel won the Australian Grand Prix for Ferrari to dash Mercedes’ hopes of extending their dominance into a fourth successive season of Formula One.
- The Indian men’s compound archery team overcame Iran in a nail-biting encounter to win gold in the 2017 Asia Cup Tournament Stage 1, which concluded at Bangkok.
- India won 73 medals, including 37 gold, at the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games, held in Austria from March 14-25.