- Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai has become only the 6th person to receive honorary Canadian citizenship for advocating girls’ education.
- Achim Steiner from Germany, an expert in environmental issues and politics, has been named as the new administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is celebrated every year on April 12 to mark the beginning of the space era for mankind, reaffirming the important contribution of space science and technology in achieving sustainable development goals and increasing the well-being of States and peoples, as well as ensuring the realization of their aspiration to maintain outer space for peaceful purposes.
- The Andhra Pradesh government will launch a unique programme ‘Ammaku Vandanam’ in schools to pay tribute to mothers and to respect motherhood.
- The National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is observed every year on April 11 to create awareness on maternity care for pregnant and lactating women.
- The Union Government has recently constituted an Inter-Disciplinary Committee to examine the existing framework with regard to Virtual Currencies.
- The Government of India (GoI) has signed an agreement with China to extend the term of Hindi language course functioning at a leading Chinese University since 2012.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has re-launched ‘Adarana scheme’ for improving traditional occupations. The scheme is for the uplift and all-round development of people belonging to the Backward Classes.