- The World Bank (WB) has approved a $375 million loan to India’s first waterway project “National Waterway (NW) 1”. The waterway project is to create a water transport fairway on a 1,360-km stretch of the Ganga River between Varanasi and Haldia.
- Haldia Port of West Bengal has topped the list in the first-ever ranking of the ports on Sanitation Parameters under the Union Ministry of Shipping.
- India has recently signed sport partnership agreement with Australia to increase cooperation in sports. The India-Australia Sports Partnership would facilitate exchange of athletes, coaches, technical officials, sports scientists between the two countries.
- India’s first industrial-articulated robot “TAL Brabo” has been launched by TAL Manufacturing Solutions, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Motors.
- Dr. Mark Wainberg (71), the renowned Canadian AIDS researcher and social activist, has recently passed away in Bal Harbour, Florida, USA. He was a leader in the fight against AIDS and was a major force in HIV Science
- The Haryana government has recently launched ‘Operation Durga’ campaign to ensure women safety in the state.
- The Sangken festival has started in Arunachal Pradesh from April 14, 2017 that marks the start of Theravada Buddhist New Year
- Justice Gita Mittal has become the acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court (DHC). She has authored many significant judgments and was also instrumental in the establishment of vulnerable witness deposition complexes in Delhi.
- Himachal Pradesh has bagged Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for commendable increase in food grains production.