- Abdulqadir Rashik, an Indian software engineer, has recently won first prize in Unite Ideas #UNGAViz Textual Analysis and Visualisation Challenge for his ‘Global Policy’.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Union government for the ‘Power for All’ scheme in the state.
- Trupti Jain, an Indian environmental engineer, has won prestigious 2017 Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards at the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall in Singapore for providing women working on farms with water management solutions and protecting small farmers against droughts and flash floods.
- Pankaj Advani, 16-time world champion, has won his 7th Asian title by defeating his compatriot Sourav Kothari 6-3 in an entertaining final of the 2017 Asian Billiards Championship in Chandigarh.
- The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has stated that the Habibganj station in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh has been handed over to a private firm to be operated by it. With this, Habibganj station has become the India’s first privately-run railway station.
- The Pana Sankranti, also known as Maha bisuba Sankranti, is the traditional New Year day festival of Buddhists and Hindus in Odisha. This year, it is celebrated on April 14, 2017.
- The Koradi Thermal Power Station (KTPS) is located at Koradi near Nagpur, Maharashtra. It is in news because Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently dedicated the 3,300 MW KTPS to the nation.
- The first-ever joint military exercise ‘Sagarmatha Friendship-2017’ will be held between Nepal and China from April 17, 2017 with a special focus on combating terror and disaster management.
- The Jharkhand Police has recently launched ‘Tare Zameen Par programme’ to enlighten children in Naxal-affected areas in the Palamau district of Jharkhand.