- Veteran actress Saira Banu has been named for the prestigious Raj Kapoor Lifetime achievement award of the Maharashtra Government. Actor Jackie Shroff is selected for the Raj Kapoor Special contribution award.
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has conducted its first-of-its-kind State-level mock exercise on forest fire in Uttarakhand on April 18, 2017.
- India has been ranked at the 8th position in the 2017 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Confidence Index. As per A.T. Kearney report, foreign companies have considered India as an attractive destination due to its reforms to enable a transparent and an easy business environment.
- Vinay Sah has become the new MD and CEO of LIC Housing Finance. He succeeded Sunita Sharma, who has been promoted as Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC). Prior to joining LIC Housing Finance, Sah was Executive Director–Marketing/Product Development with LIC of India.
- The ICICI Bank Data Centre in Hyderabad has become the India’s first Platinum rated project to be rated under IGBC Green Data Centre Rating System.
- The Punjab government will launch an innovative scheme “Book Banks” in all schools of the state so that needy students will get the books for their academic year free of cost.
- B.N. Mohapatra, an officer of Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) of 1980 batch, has been appointed the new Financial Commissioner (FC) of Indian Railways.
- Devendra Kumar Sharma, the managing director of Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited, will be the new chairman of the Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB).
- Malaysia Airlines will become the world’s first airline to track its flights with the help of satellites by 2018.