- The International Mother Earth Day (IMED) is observed every year all over the world on April 22 with the message to protect environment.
- The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re) has become the first re-insurer to open an office at India’s first International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)
- Madhya Pradesh will be awarded with the Union Government’s Krishi Karman Award for 2015-16 for wheat production.
- The first-ever India Indonesia Energy Forum (IIEF) was held in Jakarta, Indonesia on April 20, 2017. The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines Piyush Goyal and Indonesia Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Ignasius Jonan participated in the forum.
- India’s first-ever ‘village of books’ will open at Bhilar village in Maharashtra on May 4, 2017 to promote tourism and Marathi language.
- Athens, the capital of Greece, has been designated as the UNESCO World Book Capital 2018 by Irina Bokova, the Director-General of UNESCO, in Paris.
- The Odisha government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with the objectives of improving the lives of smallholder farmers and promoting inclusive agricultural transformation.
- At the 2nd edition of the Golf Industry Association (GIA) Awards, Shiv Shankar Prasad Chawrasia from India has won the award for the 2016 Men’s Player of the Year, while Aditi Ashok bagged the Outstanding achievement as a Player award. Apart from this Ali Sher, the Delhi Golf Club caddy-turned-pro-golfer, was feted for an Outstanding Playing Career.