- Indian shot putter Manpreet Kaur has recently clinched Gold in the first leg of the at the 2017 Asian Grand Prix Meet in Jinhua, China.
- The World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed every year on April 25.
- Kasinadhuni Viswanath (87), the renowned actor-director, has been named for the prestigious 2016 Dada Saheb Phalke award for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.
- According to data from Oil Ministry’s Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell, China is the world’s largest importer of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), where as India toppled Japan to acquire second position.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has made a provision enabling people to apply online for passports in Hindi.
- As per latest annual update of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) military expenditure database, the United States is the largest military spender in the world with an expenditure of $611 billion, followed by China, Russia and Saudi Arabia. India has acquired the 5th position as largest military spender in 2016 with expenditure of $55.9 billion for 2016-17.
- Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi has been bestowed with the prestigious P C Chandra Puraskaar 2017.
- The National Health Mission (NHM) in Haryana has recently launched a mobile-based application “Kilkari” to create awareness among pregnant women, parents and health workers on the importance of ante and post natal care.
- The All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS) has become the India’s First public hospital to start plaque brachytherapy facility for the treatment of eye tumours.