- Israel has recently appointed Hana Khatib as first female judge in its Muslim sharia court system.
- The World Intellectual Property Day (WIPD) is observed every year on April 26 .
- Haryana will become the first Indian state to invite all Twitter and Facebook users to interact with the Chief Minister Manohar Lal.
- Dr. Mridul Bhadauria has been elected the new President of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI).
- The International conference on “Dara Shikoh – Reclaiming Spiritual Legacy of India” will be held from April 27, 2017 at ICCR’s Azad Bhavan in New Delhi.
- Versatile playback singer Vani Jairam has been conferred with the Ghantasala national award on April 23, 2017.
- The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India (CREDAI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with State Bank of India (SBI) to provide loans at a concessional rate to builders as well as customers for affordable housing projects.
- The 15th edition of Indo-French naval exercise “Varuna” has started at Toulon port on southern France’s Mediterranean coast on April 24, 2017 to deepen combat coordination between the two navies.