- India’s first-ever transgender athletic meet was held at the Central Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on April 28, 2017 to provide a platform for the transgender community to display their athletic ability.
- The International Basava Convention (IBC) has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on April 29, 2017. To mark the occasion, he launched translated volumes of Vachana, penned by 12th century social reformer Basavanna and other saints in 23 Indian languages The Prime Minister has also released the digital version of the work at the first-ever celebration of Basava Jayanthi at the national level.
- The noted Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik from Odisha has won the jury prize gold medal at the 10th edition of Moscow Sand art Championship-2017 in Moscow, Russia.
- India’s first electric taxi (e- taxi) trial will be held in Nagpur, Maharashtra from May 24, 2017.
- Gul Panag, an Indian actress and an automobile enthusiast, has become the first Indian woman to drive Formula E racing car at a race track.
- Jehan Daruvala has created history by becoming the first Indian racer to occupy pole position in the FIA Formula 3 European Championships in the qualifying session for Round 2 in Monza, Italy.
- Ashwani Kumar, the former Union minister, has been selected by Japan for its prestigious ‘Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun’ award for his contribution to fostering Japan-India ties and promotion of friendship between the two countries.
- Lv Haotian from China has won the 33rd edition of ACBS Asian Snooker Championship-2017 by defeating India’s top cueist Pankaj Advani in the final by 3-6 in Doha, Qatar.