- David Muldrow Beasley, the former Governor of South Carolina, will be the new executive director of the United Nations (UN) World Food Programme (WFP)
- Truecaller has partnered with ICICI Bank to launch its new Unified Payments Interface (UPI)-based mobile payment service “Truecaller Pay” for Indian Truecaller users.
- Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) has been adjudged the ‘Best Small Bank for 2016’ balance sheet size of less than Rs.1-lakh crore).
- Carrie Lam, a Beijing-backed civil servant, will become the first woman Chief Executive (CE) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- Ravichandran Ashwin has recently won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016 as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2016 from former India captains Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar.
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, M Venkaiah Naidu has recently launched the Online Film Certification System “e-Cinepramaan” of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) to promote transparency & Ease of Doing Business.
- Sitaram Swain, the Odisha-based installation artist, has been chosen for the 6th edition of the Glenfiddich’s Emerging Artist of the Year 2017.
- Arun Sarma (86), the renowned Assamese playwright and Sahitya Akademi Award-winning novelist, has recently passed away in New Delhi.
- Siddhartha Upadhyay, the sports entrepreneur and philanthropist, has been appointed the new member in the governing body of Sports Authority of India (SAI). He is the founder and secretary general of the Society for Transformation, Inclusion, and Recognition through Sports (STAIRS).