- In an annual “Asian Development Outlook” economic report released by Asian Development Bank (ADB), India’s GDP growth is predicted at 7.4% in FY 18 (2017-18).
- According to the latest rating review by the Global rating agency Fitch Ratings has forecast India’s real gross domestic product (GDP) growth to accelerate to 7.7% in both FY17 and FY18, from 7.1% in FY16.
- The Sualgiri and Swalgiri communities of Odisha have been notified as Scheduled Castes (SC) after President Pranab Mukherjee gave the nod to the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- The world’s highest railway bridge will come up over Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir (J& K), which is expected to be completed in 2019.
- Bengaluru FC skipper Sunil Chhetri, who scored seven goals in the 10th edition of the Hero I-League football tournament, has won the most coveted 2017 Hero of the League award.
- Mallikarjun Kharge, the Congress leader, has been appointed as the new chairman of the 21-member Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Parliament. He succeeded KV Thomas, whose term ended on April 30, 2017.
- Rajive Kaul, the Chairman of Nicco group and past president of CII, has been conferred with the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal of the Republic of Korea for his services rendered as honorary consul general of South Korea in Kolkata.
- According to the Swachh Survekshan 2017 (or Swachh Bharat survey 2017), Indore city of Madhya Pradesh has bagged the first position in the top ten clean cities of the country. Bhopal has acquired second position, followed by Visakhapatnam, Surat, Mysuru, Tiruchirapally, New Delhi Municipal Council, Navi Mumbai, Vadodara and Chandigarh.