- India’s first-ever private sector small arms manufacturing plant has set up at Malanpur in Madhya Pradesh in a joint venture with Israel.
- Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah, a leading tea association industrialist, has been appointed the new chairman of the Tea Board of India.
- Facebook has officially launched its “Express Wi-Fi” internet services in India, which are already available at 700 hotspots across Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Meghalaya.
- The 4th edition of National Standards Conclave (NSC) was held in New Delhi on May 1-2, 2017.
- The International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed every year on May 4 to recognize and honor the fire fighters who risk their lives every day to save life and property of public.
- Braj Bihari Kumar has been appointed the new chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
- The Vansda National Park (VNP) is a protected area which represents the thick woodlands of the Dangs and southern Gujarat, and is situated in the Navsari District of Gujarat.
- Recently, the middleweight boxer Vikas Krishan Yadav from India has settled for a bronze medal in 75 kg category after giving a walkover in the semifinal to South Korean Lee Dongyun at the 2017 Asian Boxing Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.