- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has constituted a technical Committee in accordance with Regulation 14 of the IBBI (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017.
- European X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL), the biggest X-ray laser in the world, has generated its first beam of light in a 3.4 km-long underground facility from the German city of Hamburg to the town of Schenefeld that will allow scientists to get a glimpse of new materials, drugs and chemical reactions at the atomic level.
- The 2017 India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS) was organized by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways in New Delhi from May 3.
- Justice (retd) Leila Seth (86), an eminent jurist and the first woman chief justice of Himachal Pradesh high court, has recently passed away at her residence in Noida. Justice Seth was the first woman to have topped the London Bar exam and was the first woman judge of the Delhi High Court.
- The Chhattisgarh government, United Nations (UN) and Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) has signed a tripartite agreement on May 7, 2017 for setting up an innovation lab in the state.
- Saqib Majeed, a Srinagar based freelance photographer, has won the 2016 Wisden-MCC (Melbourne Cricket Council) Cricket Photograph of the Year. Majeed is the first Kashmiri and second Asian after Atul Kamble to receive the prestigious award.
- Adolph Gustav Kiefer (98), the oldest-living Olympic champion, has recently passed away in Wadsworth, Illinois.
- Great Britain has won the 26th edition of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup by defeating Australia 4-3 in a thrilling hockey final at Ipoh, Malaysia on May 7, 2017