- Moon Jae-in, a former human rights attorney, has been sworn-in as the 19th President of South Korea.
- The Union Government has set up a high-level task force under Niti Aayog vice-chairman Arvind Panagariya to provide credible data for employment policies.
- The Sakewa festival of Rai Community has recently celebrated in Sikkim as a tribute to Mother Nature.
- Jhulan Nishit Goswami, Indian women’s team fast bowler, has become the highest wicket-taker in the history of women ODI cricket and broke the record of the Australia Cathryn Fitzpatrick .
- The Maharashtra government has recently imposed a ban on sale of ‘High in Fat, Salt and Sugar’ (HFSS) food at school canteens across the state.
- The Bollywood actress Konkona Sen Sharma has won the best actress award for “Lipstick Under My Burkha” at the New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) 2017. She also bagged the best director award for her debut film “A Death in the Gunj” at the award ceremony.
- Sohail Mahmood, one of Pakistan’s senior-most diplomats, will be the Pakistan’s new High Commissioner to India.
- The Mudumalai National Park (MNP) is located about 150 kilometres north-west of Coimbatore city in Tamil Nadu.