- Telangana has become the first Indian state to introduce a logo for vehicles driven by persons with hearing impairment.
- The 2017 Arctic Energy Summit (AES) will be held in Helsinki, Finland from September 18-20, 2017.
- Aruna Sundararajan, the 1982 batch officer of Kerala cadre, has been appointed as the new Secretary of Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- India’s first-ever National Basketball Association (NBA) academy has officially opened in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- VVS Laxman, the former India batsman, has been awarded the honorary life membership of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
- Three Indian women wrestlers Sakshi Malik (60kg), Vinesh Phogat (55kg) and Divya Kakran (69kg) bagged silver medals in their respective categories in the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship in New Delhi.
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as its Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia Region to boost awareness and intensify action to arrest the epidemic.
- The first-ever One Belt One Road (OBOR) Summit will be held in Bejing, China on May 14 -15, 2017. The 29 heads of state including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Myanmar and high-level delegations from Bangladesh and Nepal will attend the two-day Belt and Road Forum in China.