- Edouard Philippe, a centre-right mayor, has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of France by the President Emmanuel Macron.
- India has been ranked 26th in the list of electricity accessibility according to the World Bank in the current year from 99th spot in 2014.
- Lewis Hamilton, a British Formula One racing driver from England, has won the 2017 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix tournament at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Barcelona.
- Bajrang Punia has won gold medal for India by defeating South Korea’s Seunghui Lee 6-2 in the men’s 65kg freestyle category at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship in New Delhi.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Ovais Sarmad of India as Deputy Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), at the Assistant Secretary-General level.
- As per latest Economic Outlook Survey of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for FY 18 will be around 7.4%, with a minimum and maximum level of 7% and 7.6% respectively.
- The Nandankanan Zoological Park (NZP) is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.