- Dr. Aravind Kumar Rengan, the Assistant Professor in Department of Biomedical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology – Hyderabad (IIT-H), has been awarded the prestigious Indian National Science Academy (INSA) medal in the Young Scientist category for 2017 for his research in cancer treatment.
- Indian teen Rifath Sharook from Tamil Nadu has designed the world’s lightest & smallest satellite named “KalamSat”.
- Arun Jaitley, the Union Minister of Finance, has officially launched the Portal of Operation Clean Money on May 16, 2017 for a transparent tax administration as well as to enable citizen engagement for creating a tax compliant society.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has recently constituted “Maa committee” to check mid day meal quality in state-run primary schools to ensure that the students will get nutritious food prepared in hygienic conditions.
- Arjun Maini from Bengaluru, driving for Jenzer Motorsports, has created history by becoming the first Indian driver to win his first race in the GP3 (a feeder series to GP2) series at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain on May 14, 2017.
- Bandaru Dattatraya, the Union Minister of State for Labour and Employment, will lead the Indian delegation to the 2017 G20 Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meet, which is scheduled to be held at Bad Neuenahr in Germany on May 18-19, 2017.
- Anshu Jamsenpa, the Indian mountaineer from Arunachal Pradesh, has scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to scale the Mount Everest for the fourth time.