- The Haryana state government has recently launched e-textbook portal for school students.
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has presented the 2015 Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) at a function in New Delhi on May 18, 2017.
- According to the latest Lancet report titled ‘Global Burden of Disease (GBD)’, India has been ranked 154th among 195 countries in the 2017 Healthcare Access and Quality Index (HAQI).
- The Bhindawas Bird Sanctuary (BBS) is located in Jhajjar district, Haryana. It is home to many birds such as Blue Peafowl, Gray Francolin, Black Francolin, Shikra, Black Kite, Greater Coucal, White-throated Kingfisher, Coppersmith Barbet and Indian Roller.
- The Madhav Chitale committee on de-siltation of River Ganga has recommended a slew of measures which includes study to guide de-silting activities, sand registry for de-silting and a technical institute to conduct the sediment budget, flood routing studies and confirm the necessity of the de-silting of section of the river.
- The Annual Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercise “Karavali Karunya” has started by Indian Navy’s Western Nava Command at Naval Station Karwar in Karnataka on May 18, 2017.