- Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez has been bestowed with the International Humanitarian Award in Editor’s Choice category at the 2017 annual Asian Voice Charity Awards for her work in India and worldwide.
- The 2017 Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet (GRAM) has started at Kota, Rajasthan from May 24, 2017 to empower farmers with latest technical know-how and best practices. Malaysia is the partner country in the GRAM Kota 2017.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 52nd annual meeting of African Development Bank (AfDB) Group-2017 at the Mahatma Mandir convention centre in Gandhinagar Gujarat.
- Rohan Chakravarty, a young Indian Wildlife and environment cartoonist, has won the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) International President’s Award in Manado, Indonesia for his efforts to inspire change and attitudes towards nature.
- Sweden has won the 2017 Ice Hockey World Championship by defeating Canada 2-1 after a penaly shoot-out.
- China has become the largest stainless steel producer in the world in 2016, according to data released by the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) at annual conference held on May 14-19, 2017 in Tokyo, Japan. India overtook Japan as the second- largest producer in 2016.
- The Ghughua Fossil National Park is located near Shahpura in Madhya Pradesh in which plant fossils belonging to 31 genera of 18 families have been identified.