- Taiwan has become the first Asian country to recognize same sex marriage after the constitutional court’s ruling comes in support of legalizing same-sex marriage.
- Nauru, the world’s smallest republic, has become the sixth country to ratify the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Framework pact initiated by the Indian and French Governments at the climate change summit held at Paris in 2015.
- The boring of India’s first underwater rail tunnel under the Hooghly River for establishing metro link between Howrah and Kolkata has completed before its scheduled deadline of July 2017.
- The 70th edition of World Health Assembly (WHA70) has started in Geneva, Switzerland on May 22, 2017 and ends on May 31, 2017.
- The world’s first operational robot police officer “Robocop” was officially inducted into the Dubai police force at the 4th Gulf Information Security Expo and Conference (GISEC) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) on May 21, 2017.
- Lenin Moreno has recently taken office as new President of Ecuador
- The 28th edition of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) summit has started in Brussels, Belgium on May 24 and 25, 2017
- Olympic silver medallist P V Sindhu has been elected as the new member of Badminton World Federation (BWF) Athletes’ Commission .
- The Union Government has recently launched online verification portal ‘e-Sanad’ to make the document verification process easier for students who are planning to study aboard.