- Rakesh Kapur, Joint Managing Director of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has been elected as the new Chairman of the International Fertilizer Association (IFA)
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated India’s longest bridge “Dhola-Sadia Bridge” in Assam on May 26, 2017. This three lane, 9.15 kilometre bridge has been built over river Lohit, a tributary of the Brahmaputra river.
- The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath has launched a massive immunization drive in 38 districts to eradicate Japanese Encephalitis (JE) from Kushinagar district on May 25, 2017
- Rajan Anandan, Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, has been appointed new chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
- The capital of Bangladesh “Dhaka” is the world’s most crowded city
- Anurag Tripathy, a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway personnel Service (IRPS), has been appointed the new secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for a period of five years.
- The Mathikettan Shola National Park is located in Poopara village of Udumbanchola taluk in Idukki district of Kerala.
- Kanwar Pal Singh Gill (82), the former Director General of Police (DGP) of Punjab, has recently passed away in Delhi on May 26, 2017. He was known for rooting out Sikh militancy from Punjab. During Indira Gandhi tenure, Gill mounted ‘Operation Black Thunder’, a critical success in the war against terrorism.